Podcasting for Mental Health Professionals
A Step-by-Step Course for Building Your Influence, Income, and Impact Through PodcastingEnroll Now
Join us for this live online course April 21st 2023!
Enroll now since space is limited...
Are you ready to start your own podcast and share your voice with the world? Look no further! This comprehensive podcasting course for therapists and counselors will teach you everything you need to know to create, launch, and grow a successful podcast.
From recording and editing to marketing and monetization, this course covers all the essential aspects of podcasting. Your instructors James Marland, MBA and Gordon Brewer, LMFT will guide you through the process with step-by-step lessons, hands-on exercises, and real-world examples.
This course will help you in identifying your audience and niche to increase your reach and income as a mental health clinician.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to choose a topic and audience for your podcast to reach your ideal clients
- Ideas about naming your podcast and creating a podcast brand and logo
- The equipment and software you need to get started
- The best practices for recording, editing, and mastering your audio
- How to launch and promote your podcast to reach a the people you most want to help
- Strategies for monetizing your podcast and generating additional income for your practice.
Our course is designed for both beginners and those wanting to take their podcast to the next level for greater reach and downloads. Whether you're a seasoned therapist or just getting started as a clinician, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to create and grow a successful podcast.
Join us for this live 5 hour course and get the knowledge you need to feel confident in starting a podcast. You will not only learn what you need to to start a podcast but you will be part of a supportive community of like-minded counselors and therapists. Start sharing your voice and spreading your message to the world!
Here's what is included in this course:
- Understanding your "why" and how podcasting can increase your reach and influence
- Where to start; first things to consider
- How to identify your audience and name your podcast
- Branding your podcast and creating a logo and artwork
- Deciding on the style and format of your podcast
- How to record, edit and publish your podcast
- Equipment and software needed
- Marketing and getting your podcast traffic and downloads
- Monetizing your podcast and ways to create income from your podcast
- Opportunities for connecting and joining podcast networks
Gordon Brewer, LMFT
Gordon loves guiding people through the process of growth and change. He loves teaching people things that he has "learned the hard way", and making them simple and doable. In this learning event Gordon will share how he took the idea of starting a podcast and turning it into a viable and sustainable income producer.
"The thing I love about podcasting is I get to have rich and meaningful conversations with people about any number of subjects. In addition, I have been able to monetize the podcast through podcast sponsorships and creating courses around the topics discussed on the podcasts."
L Gordon Brewer, Jr., MEd, LMFT, a licensed therapist and private practice owner, started podcasting in 2017, really on a whim and just thinking it would be fun to do. Since that time, his podcast, The Practice of Therapy Podcast as grown to having an average of over 5000 listeners a month. He also has a second podcast, The Kindness and Compassion Podcast along with the PsychCraft Network of Podcasts that were both started in 2022.
James Marland, MBA
James has a knack for breaking down complex ideas into easy to execute steps. His work has helped hundreds of therapists become more efficient in their day to day operations with his tools and templates.
James Marland is an MBA and MAM holder who boasts over two decades of experience in mental health practice administration. After working in the corporate world to fulfill the ambitions of others, he decided to become an entrepreneur and freelancer in 2022. His mission is to take back the story of his life and help others do the same. That's why he published The Beginners Guide to Create Knowledge Income and Course Creation Studio. Through his courses, James provides strategies to help people break free from fear of failure, shape their own destiny and make a positive impact through their expert knowledge. James has been a podcast producer and podcast host of the Scaling Therapy Practice since 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
"The world of podcasting has opened a lot of doors and opportunities for me. My reach in helping people has greatly expanded. I want to share with you what I have learned and how to get into podcasting to have a greater reach and bring in extra income for your practice."
- L. Gordon Brewer, Jr., MEd, LMFT - The Practice of Therapy Podcast